What The Source is Doing About COVID-19
In response to concerns around COVID-19 (a.k.a. Coronavirus), The Source wants to provide customers with accurate information about our product sourcing and handling. Your health and safety are our number one priority, and we want you to have the ability to make an informed decision about your purchases. Here’s what we’re doing:
- We have a US-based supply chain. The products we carry at The Source are made by small makers in California. The sole exception to this is our meditation cushion, which was completed and received in our offices in summer 2019, several months prior to the first COVID-19 case in December 2019. However, we want you to know that the World Health Organization advises that it is not possible to contract the virus from goods manufactured in any country. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/myth-busters
- We have complete control over our inventory and the staff that handles it. We only store our inventory in our offices in downtown Los Angeles, and we fulfill our orders ourselves. We are a small team and are able to monitor each person closely for any signs of illness. (We’re happy to report that we are all healthy!)
- The vast majority of our current inventory has been stored securely in our offices since well before the discovery of the first COVID-19 case. The exceptions as of this writing are: the Eucalyptus Shower Steam, the Underarm Detox, the Earl Grey Deodorant, the Luna Charcoal Facial Sponge, the Bamboo Cutlery set, the Verdant Wild Apothecary merchandise, and the Refresh Eye Pillow. All were manufactured in California in small batches under conditions closely monitored by The Source or our brand partners. Although coronavirus cannot live long outside of a body, and the CDC states that spread of the virus through contact with surfaces and objects is unlikely, we are taking the extra precaution of holding all inventory received after February 1, 2020 in our offices for nine days prior to shipping to customers. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/transmission.html
- We’re being extra cautious about returned inventory. We have very few returns. However, any item that is returned to us will be stored in airtight packaging away from inventory and staff for nine days after receipt. Additionally, any returned clothing items will be heated in a far infrared sauna at a temperature of 45-55 degrees Celsius for at least 20 minutes prior to being placed back in inventory for order fulfillment. Temperatures above 40 Celsius help shorten the lifespan of coronaviruses on surfaces. If we receive any returned item for which we are unable to take these measures, we will not re-sell it. https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/coronaviruses-how-long-can-they-survive-on-surfaces
- We’re taking hygiene at our offices seriously. We’re being diligent about hand-washing, sanitizing, and staying home should we feel sick. We can’t protect you if we don’t take care of ourselves.
- We recommend that you wash your hands after opening your package. We want you to know that the World Health Organization advises that the likelihood of contracting COVID-19 from a package is low. https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses However, just to be safe, we recommend that after opening the envelope or box containing your order, you avoid touching your mouth, nose, eyes, or face until you’ve washed your hands.
If you have any questions or concerns about merchandise or processes at The Source, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to hear from you!